Tag: Core Dimension Dynamics
Our soul is our spiritual dimension. Our soul is the center or core of our being; it is who we truly are. It embodies our motives, our principles, our values, and is what guide us in our lives. It is in this dimension that we determine what we want our life to be ultimately about. By examining our soul and spirituality, we create meaning and purpose in our entire life. We get a better sense of who we are and what we want to achieve. We often draw upon the sources of this dimension to inspire and make us feel complete. It is in this dimension where we find the key pieces of who we are to achieve personal fulfillment.
The body is the dimension which involves caring for our physical body. This dimension is comprised of four main parts; health, nutrition, fitness and relaxation. The health component encompasses our overall health. It includes managing stress, getting the proper rest, and avoiding unhealthy habits such as cigarettes and drugs. The nutrition piece centers on eating healthy and getting the correct amount of vitamins and nutrients in our diet. The fitness element is about building our body’s endurance, flexibility, and strength. The final part, relaxation, concentrates on breathing, mental stimulation, and other techniques for relaxing the body.
The body dimension also includes a segment on the mind body connection. The section is about understanding the relationship between the mental and physical domains, and how to increase our overall effectiveness.
Core Dimension Dynamics
In order to optimize our personal growth and effectiveness, we must continuously develop ourselves. Core Dimension Dynamics is a philosophy, principle, and process that empower us to grow and develop ourselves and our lives through continuous improvement. We must consciously spend time and energy honing ourselves and our skills in order to maintain and increase our effectiveness.
Core Dimension Dynamics
The basic premise of Core Dimensions Dynamics is about finding meaningful activities to engage in for the purpose of enriching our life. It may be through strengthening our body, expanding our knowledge, understanding ourselves, or simply helping and connecting with others.
As individuals, we need to consciously focus on enriching the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of our lives. This requires making time for the important activities that make our life complete and meaningful. This could include spending time with family & friends, reading books, learning something new, painting, exercising, meditating, taking a walk, or other activities that brings us happiness. It is through these activities that we find joy, knowledge, harmony, and understanding in our lives. Also, it is these constructive activities that ultimately make us better people.
We believe that there are four aspects of a person and these dimensions are dynamic and need to grow if we are to truly experience life. The four quadrants represent the four core dimensions.
Personal Development Plan
The Odyssey – Destiny’s Map
Our lives are anchored in our own personal traits and fundamental values, beliefs, and principles. Therefore, it is essential to understand yourself and who you are.
- Increase your understanding of who you are
- Identify your personal attributes (honest, trustworthy)
- Identify your values and principles
- Determine your tendencies and habits
- Establish your needs
- Understand your emotions
- Establish your Interests
Hopes and Dreams
- List your hopes and dreams for the future
- Identify your Life Dimension Goals
- Find career that corresponds to your personality and interests
- Determine and describe characteristics of the person who you want to be
- Create a Crafting your personal mission statement
Vision for Life
- Determine where you want to end up on your journey
- Determine what you want to achieve along the way
- Determine how you will fulfill your mission or purpose
- Crafting your vision statement – a picture of where you will be in the future
- Self Assessment Process – critically review the quality of your own performance, skills, and abilities.
- Determine which skills, competencies, and abilities you want to develop
- Identify gaps in your skills, competencies, and abilities
Strategic Development Plan
- Set challenging and rewarding personal goals
- Create a plan for achieving your goals
- Create a plan for attaining or developing your skills, competencies, and abilities
- Establish positive habits for personal development
- Incorporate a plan for improving mental conditioning
- Take daily action towards your goals
- Enhance Personal growth through Core Dimensions Dynamics™
- Periodically measure and gauge your development
- Review your plan and make adjustments as needed
Core Dimensions Dynamics™
Printable version of Personal Development outline – Odyssey Plan