Personal Vision Statement Worksheet
To write a personal vision statement that is reflective of who you want to become, you must take the time to think about what you truly want to accomplish in life.
Step 1: Find a quiet place.
Get away from distraction of everyday life.
Step 2: Write down your answers or thoughts for the following.
The answers you develop through reflection on these questions will be the basis of your personal vision statement.
- Reflect on what you enjoy doing and what makes you happy.
- List what you are truly interested in and passionate about.
Hopes and Dreams
Establishing your hopes and dreams is the first step in determining your direction in life. A life lived in pursuit of one’s dream is not only more exciting, but also more fulfilling.
- Reflect on your wishes and aspirations for the future. Include all aspects of your life.
- List your hopes and dreams for your future for the following categories.
Family / Relationships:
Physical / Health:
Spiritual / Emotional:
Travel / Adventure:
Step 3: Visualize your future.
Close your eyes and picture yourself in the future. It may be 10, 20, or 25 years from today.
Visualize the person you are. Think about the following:
- Where are you?
- What you are doing?
- How do you feel?
- Who you are with?
- What you have accomplished in your life?
From that image, describe what you want to create of yourself and the world around you.
Your vision should stretch your capabilities and present an image of yourself and who you believe you can be.
Step 4: Draft a written statement
Write in first person and make statements about the future you hope to achieve.
- Write the statements in present tense as if you are already making them happen in your life.
- Fully articulate the vision you want for your life and your future.
- Include the important aspects of your life.
- Make it realistic
- Make it vivid and descriptive.
- make it impactful and inspiring to you
Step 5: Revise your statement
After you have drafted your first version, think about it, make notes and revisions. After you had a chance to make some changes, create a second draft and then again review that for possible modifications.
Once you have formed a permanent statement, post it where you will see it daily so that it can inspire you to achieve you goals.
Printable Personal Vision Statement Worksheet